To add to the exciting experience, the EAI AFRICATEK 2021 conference will feature a number of workshops. The idea is to put in spotlight current trending research and cut-edge practical applications context within the conference areas of interest. Workshops are expected to contain a blend of invited presentations, regular papers selected through the peer-review process and of utmost importance- panels that actively invite and encourage the participation of attendees in discussions.
We kindly invite the submission of workshop proposals. Selection edges will be given to those proposals which emphasize emerging topics while showing relevance and anticipated interest.
Prospective Workshop Organizers are invited to submit the research proposal in pdf format of not more than 5 pages length and including in the following order:
- Title of the proposed workshop
- The organizers name(s), affiliation and contact info
- The scope of the workshop and technical issues that will be addressed.
- Motivation (of at most a page)
- Reasons why the workshop is interesting and timely
- Why the workshop is anticipated to attract significant good quality submissions
- Why the workshop is anticipated to attract significant number of attendees
- A biography of not more than 150 words of the organizers
- Names list of prospective potential participants (for instance program committee members, invited speakers or even better, accepted speakers)
- The format of the planned workshop
- Duration (Full-day or Half-day) and Schedule
- Hot topics, keynotes, panels
- A draft Call for Papers, including workshop submission deadlines
- An account of publicity/promotion plans.
Presentations to be delivered during the workshops are to be based on papers selected through the peer-review process.
- Proposals are to be submitted as a single pdf document via electronic mail to [email protected]
- Accepted Workshop papers will be included in the Conference proceedings submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library: AFRICATEK Conference Proceedings
- Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Workshop Organization Timeline:
Proposal Submission Deadline: 13 August 2021
Notification of Selection: 16 August 2021